Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What a week...

     After all 3 of us recovered from the stomach flu, I came home last Wednesday night from work and discovered water seeping up from in-between my hardwood floors. Not a fun thing to find period, but especially not fun after having worked a 12 hour shift! Unbeknownst to us, we'd had a slow leak in our water line leading to our refrigerator and in the water filter which had finally leaked enough to cause havoc to my house! Our fridge is against the wall that runs along our back hallway, and the water damaged the floors in the kitchen, hallway, and even went into the carpet in the guest bedroom. Thankfully, Em's room was spared. Stephen spent until 3am sucking water out of the floors with a wet/dry vacuum, but they were still moist and buckled the next day. We talked to our insurance agency the next day, and thankfully, it's covered! (after we pay the deductible of course) That next day, they drilled holes into the bottom of my cabinets, placed dryers along the floors and cabinet bases, and put two heated humidifiers in the area. Our house was 94 degrees- no joke. The stuff in our pantry that could melt, did. Yesterday, they came and packed up everything that touches hardwood floors (which is the majority of my house) and ripped out my hardwood. Thank goodness we have a free place to stay at my parent's house because a hotel room WOULD not be fun with a 9month old baby. I'm not sure how long this process is going to take. Ironically enough, I had JUST cleaned my house and mopped/shined the hardwood floors before all of this occurred. Now my house is a disaster zone with half of it packed into boxes!
Dryers and Humidifiers everywhere...

All my floors GONE!

     On top of all of this, sweet baby girl has developed a terrible cough and is running a fever- Can anyone say RSV season? Poor baby.  Took her to the doctor today and now she is on prednisone and an albuterol inhaler for a viral infection.  Last night was awful so I hope this remedy works!

No comments:

Post a Comment