Friday, April 08, 2011

My ONE year old!

  

     It is still so hard for me to believe that I have a ONE year old!  I was a little depressed on the days leading up to her birthday.  I know she is still a baby even though she is now a year old, but I still feel like she has grown up way too fast into this sassy, stubborn, and sweet little girl.  One year stats...
  • Only 2 teeth still!  But she can mash some stuff up with her gums!
  • Eats a mixture of baby food (yogurt and sweet potatoes) and table food (faves are chicken, green beans, baked potato, spaghetti, peas, enchiladas...)
  • Drinks out of a straw!   Finally making some progress with sippy cups now!
  • Walks EVERYWHERE!  Wasn't long after she turned 11 months old that she started taking steps instead of just furniture cruising.  Now I feel like I need to be everywhere at once since she moves so fast from one place to the next!
  • LOVES to go outside still and cries when we have to go back in... likes to swing, ride in her wagon, walk in the grass, and watch the dogs.
  • Blows you a kiss!  (video below)
  • Waves bye-bye (finally! We have been working on this for awhile and it is still a hit or miss)
  • Can say... Dog, Ace, Glasses, Uh-Oh, Bye, Dada, Mama, Amen (Adah), Ball, and a bunch of other things that I have NO idea what they mean!
She was cranky over her birthday weekend due to another ear infection with a fever, but at least our ear tubes are working and we got some antibiotic drops prescribed today.  She played with her cake and only tasted a tiny bit of frosting... she didn't really like the frosting on her hands so it didn't last long!  We will be going for her one year check up on Monday.  I can't wait to see how big she really is now!!!

Singing Happy Birthday!

"Um, what's this stuff?"

In the tub...

Maracas from Aunt Ali!

Cupcake Party Time!

Playing with Rhett

No comments:

Post a Comment