Monday, November 10, 2014

Calculations

     So with this whole "PFAPA" thing, a person is supposed to be able to kind of predict when the next fever episode will hit... Well, I was right on the money and Matt got another fever on the actual day I predicted he would get one around-- Nov. 5th.  This does not definitely mean he HAS this syndrome, but it does make me lean towards it a little bit more.  Needless to say, we headed to the doctor the next morning!  He had a runny nose and congestion with this fever, which is not a "normal" symptom for him-- so that symptom plus his crazy labwork made us lean towards giving him antibiotics this time around instead of steroids.  Our next steps?  An appointment with a new infectious disease doctor to get a second opinion and a very expensive and detailed genetic swab test that we should hopefully get results from in about a month or so...  He has already had chromosome testing done which yielded normal results, so I'm not 100% sure what the difference is in this particular test but I believe it will show all of his genome sequences and look for genetic variations (such as duplication or deletion syndromes).  I am slightly nervous about the results because it can also pick up on diseases/syndromes that can hit in adulthood, but two of our many doctors recommended this test, and I must say I would love an exact answer.  I may never get an exact answer but we will keep trucking along!  It could ALWAYS be worse!!!  And on a side note, we are so thankful for our new nanny Ms. Erica!  She was a lifesaver while Matt was sick, allowing both Stephen and I to work while she took care of and loved on our little man for us!

Oh No!  Another Fever! 

At the Doctor-- exhausted, poor thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment