Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Little Girl Growing Up

     Eeeekkkkkkkk!!!  Emily got her ears pierced!  My mom allowed me to have my ears pierced around the age of 5 after deciding I was ready to have them done.  This was my plan for Emily as well.  I have asked her multiple times over the last year if she wanted to go get her ears pierced, describing what would happen to her and the process that would occur.  Her answer was always a quick "no" or "not yet" after telling her it was like a shot.  Well, while out shopping on Saturday, we were at the Handpicked Jewelry store and she saw some cute butterfly earrings.  I said simply, as I have before, "You could wear these if you had your ears pierced."  She looked at me and said, "will it hurt?"  I described the process once again and to my surprise, she said, "ok, I want my ears pierced!"  Emily, my mom, and I headed over to Claire's inside the mall-- Emily was SO nervous but did so good!  The ladies there pierced both ears at the same time (thank goodness), and yes, she did cry directly afterwards but I think it was more from the nerves and shock than pain.  Her new little white gold 4mm ball earrings are PRECIOUS and are a reminder to me that she is quickly growing up before my eyes.  Gone is my sweet little, chubby cheek baby girl...  Her responses to getting her ears pierced?   "I think Santa Claus saw how good I was..." (wants new earrings for Christmas), "Aren't you so proud of me?", and "I can't believe I got my ears pierced!"  I love her.






No comments:

Post a Comment