Saturday, December 06, 2014

December has arrived!

     Happy Thanksgiving!  Now that turkey day is over, Emily is extremely excited that Christmas is around the corner.  I know she was excited about it last year, but this year- the excitement seems to be on a whole new level.... and I am loving it.  Christmas is definitely a season for children and adults alike, but seeing it through a child's eyes makes the season brighter and happier.  We are stressing to her the reason for the season as well and she is looking forward to making Jesus his birthday cake!  I grew up doing this with my family and have continued the tradition since.  I think it is a good way for a child to relate Jesus being the reason for Christmas because what child doesn't love to celebrate birthdays and eat cake!  I am about 90% done with my shopping and have bunch of stuff to wrap!  I LOVE to shop for a perfect gift for someone and giving Christmas presents is probably one of my most favorite things to do.  And Harry the elf arrived last night when we were putting up our Christmas tree.  Thank goodness Stephen is in charge of moving him place to place because I know I would quickly forget and have a lot of explaining to do as to why Harry doesn't move around very much!  Hope everyone has fun preparing for the Christmas season ahead of us!  It has finally arrived for me and my family! (even though it showed up in stores in October...) 


Picking out our Christmas Tree!
 
Sweet girl showing off her "fake" smile for the camera...

Had to go to the car due to the reaction to the chainsaw!

Christmas Tree is up and ready!!!

Dear Santa...

She wrote it all by herself!  Only had to help her with the spelling!

Bennett and Emily meeting for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment